White Mountains 100
March 39, 2015 to March 30, 2015
Any racer who fails to comply with the following rules will be disqualified from the White Mountains 100 race. Absolutely no refunds will be given to a racer who is disqualified.
Mandatory Pre-Race Meeting:
- All racers must attend the pre-race meeting at 5 pm Saturday March 28, 2015 (no exceptions).
- Please check-in for the pre-race meeting between 4:30 - 5:00 pm. If you have not checked in by 5:00 pm, then your spot will be forfeited and may be given away to any wait-listed person present at the pre-race meeting.
Race Day Check-in:
- All racers must physically sign-in at the Wickersham Dome trailhead (milepost 28 Elliott Hwy) race headquarters between 6:30 and 7:45 am. Any racer who fails to sign-in at this time will forfeit their entry to any waitlisted racers present at the start line.
- A division (bike, run, ski) must be confirmed when each racer signs-in.
- Any racer that has not signed in by 7:45 am must wait until after the race start to sign-in, if their spot has not already been forfeited to a waitlisted racer.
Human Powered Race:
- No dogs or motorized equipment may be used to facilitate a racer in any way.
- Any racer bringing a dog on the race course will be disqualified.
No Outside Help:
- Racers must be self sufficient and are only allowed to accept help from another racer or race official.
- Racers are not allowed to accept any help from a race official that physically advances that racer along the course.
- Participants are not required to carry any specific equipment BUT each racer is expected to have an adequate amount of food, clothing, and outdoor gear for the duration of the race. HERE is a list of recommended gear.
- Racers must finish with the same mode of transport and equipment that he or she started with.
- Racers may not purposely leave any gear, clothing or equipment on the trail or at a checkpoint.
- All racers must ensure they are signed in/out of all four official checkpoints.
- Any racer who misses or skips an official checkpoint will be disqualified.
- Racers are not required to check in/out or stop at the Trail Shelter at mile 91.
- Race equipment is absolutely not allowed in the checkpoints; this includes bikes, skis, poles, and sleds.
- Total time allowed for completion of the race is 48 hours (by 8:00 am Tuesday, March 30th, 2015).
- All racers must adhere to the cutoff times for departure from each checkpoint. This is a race, not a tour.
- Any racer that is unable to depart a checkpoint by the cutoff time listed in the table below will be evacuated back to the race start by snowmachine as permitted by race personnel.
- A fee of $200 will be charged to the racer in the event of an evacuation.
- Any racer who is unable to complete the race will be disqualified. If a racer is able and willing to return to the start under his or her own power, or with the assistance of an external source, he or she may do so. BUT all racers MUST inform a race official if they intend to scratch and return to the race start. Racers will not be allowed to evacuate themselves to the start line after checkpoint #1 closes (15:00 Sun) and will require a snowmachine evacuation.
- ALL racers are ultimately the responsibility of the race staff and MUST be accounted for at all times. In order to accomplish this, a disqualified racer may require an evacuation by snowmachine back to the road system.
|Wickersham Dome (Start)||0||101||17||08:00 Sun|
|Haystack Jct Wall tent||17||84||22||15:00 Sun|
|Cache Mountain cabin||39||62||23||04:00 Mon|
|Windy Gap Cabin||62||38||19||16:00 Mon|
|Borealis Lefevre Cabin||81||19||9||00:00 Tue|
|Wickersham Dome (Finish)|
* NOTE: All distance are approximate. The total race distance is about 100 miles.
- Any racer intentionally depositing litter on the trail will be disqualified.
A Little R-E-S-P-E-C-T:
- Be respectful of other racers, race officials, volunteers, and any other trail user in the recreation area.
- Any racer treating others poorly or perceived to be disrespectful will be disqualified.
- Do not damage any structures, trail signs, or private property. Treat this area as you would your home.